Friday, 20 October 2017

Book Box Club Unboxing October 2017



In this post I am going to be unboxing the October 2017 Book Box Club box. (What follows will contain spoilers so please do not read if you don't want to know what is in the box)

Book Box Club is a monthly book subscription box. Each month you receive a specially selected YA book release and 2-4 hand picked goodies which fit in with the theme. Book Box Club also hosts a members only online book club where subscribers get a chance to chat to each other as well as the author about the book.


The theme this month was Quests and Legends. (Spoiler filled post under the cut)






The first thing I saw upon opening the box was the spoiler card which listed everything in the box.


  

The first item I found in the box was a mug with a lovely design of a blonde girl on it (according to the spoiler card this is the main character of the book included this month), next up was a chocolate spoon for melting in hot milk to make a really rich hot chocolate. I cannot wait to try this out in my new mug.




Next up was a wooden bookmark with a quote from George RR Martin on it, along with some wooden mountain earrings and 3 dragon stickers. I sadly don't have my ears pierced but my mum is already eyeing them up so they will definitely get worn!







The book this month was A shiver of snow and sky by Lisa Lueddecke. There was also a signed bookplate and a bookmark included.

Synopsis: 

 On the frozen island of Skane, the sky speaks. Beautiful lights appear on clear nights, and their colours have meaning: Green means all is well, and the Goddess is happy. Blue means a snow storm is on the way. And then there's red. Red is rare. A warning. Seventeen years ago the sky turned red just as Osa was born, unleashing a plague that claimed the lives of hundreds of villagers, including her own mother. This time, when the night sky once again bleeds crimson, she must discover what it means before so many lives are lost again.


I liked this box, it felt a little on the light side but I think that could be because the items were smaller. But a lot of work had gone into them and I loved the theme of mountain and adventure running through them. It definitely fulfilled the Quests part of the theme though, in my opinion, maybe not the Legends.


November's box is called Haunted Minds and it sounds very interesting and a little creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment