Saturday, 11 November 2017

Review #74 - The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness



Details:

Title: The Knife of Never Letting Go
Author: Patrick Ness
Publisher: Walker Books
ISBN 13:  978-1406357981

Synopsis:

Imagine you're the only boy in a town of men. And you can hear everything they think. And they can hear everything you think. Imagine you don't fit in with their plans... Todd Hewitt is just one month away from the birthday that will make him a man. But his town has been keeping secrets from him. Secrets that are going to force him to run...
Review:

I listened to this book on audio and I have to say I think it was good I did. Having looked inside the book I realised that what I took to be local dialect was written as deliberately misspelled words and had I been reading it I think this would have put me off a lot. Overall I had a lot of mixed feelings about this book, while some parts were strong and engaging and kept me wanting to listen I found there were a few large issues. Mainly Todd, our main character started to really get on my nerves after a while, the choices he makes are irritating at times and I found some of the secondary characters far more interesting. 

I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars. I will continue on with the series and borrow the audiobooks from my local library.

No comments:

Post a Comment