Monday, 8 May 2017

All About April 2017

So this is going to be a bit different to my usual kind of posts - I'm going to do a review of April in General and everything I got up to.




So the first couple of things are book related and then we'll move onto everything else.

April was a pretty fun and busy month.

Firstly on Saturday 8th April I got to spend over an hour being crawled over by and playing with 3 adorable little meerkats.



My best friend and I were gifted a meerkat experience at Thoresby Park by her mum for Christmas and we finally got to use it in April. We had a perfect warm day for it and the actual grounds were beautiful too. Definitely a place we're going back to.



Then on Tuesday 11th April I got to meet Laini Taylor at a book event in Waterstone's Birmingham. I love this store as everybody involved in organising the events are always very friendly and helpful. Laini was lovely and hearing her talk about the writing process and her experiences was amazing. She's such a nice person and I am so glad I was able to meet her and get my books signed.





21st - 23rd April 2017 was convention time, it was a Rogue Events Shadowhunter's event called Forsaken and it was held at the Renaissance Hotel in Heathrow. 




I enjoyed the convention overall and it was nice to hear from the guests that were there (Jon Cor, Joel Labelle, Maxim Roy and Kaitlyn Leeb) however I found it very lacking in organisation and communication. It felt like the organisers just didn't really care much about it which I thought was a shame. 



On April 29th 2017 my best friend and I went to see a play called Diminished at the Hampstead Theatre in London, it was intense and amazing and Tamla Kari who was starring in it kindly took a picture with Teddy afterwards. 



In the Month of April I saw 10 films at the cinema:

Ghost in the Shell - 4/5 stars. I liked this film a lot. I love Scarlett Johansson and I found this was enjoyable and the action didn't lag at all. I know there has been some controversy around it but as a film I just liked it.

Going in Style - 4.5/5 stars. I went to see this film with my dad and wasn't expecting much but I actually really really liked it. It was funny and touching and very sweet.

Fast and Furious 8 - 4/5 stars. I always love these films and this one was no different. If Vin Diesel and/or Dwayne Johnson are in a film it's pretty much guaranteed that I will watch it.

Table 19 - 4/5 stars. This was much funnier than I expected it to be and it ended up being a very sweet story. I'd watch it again as a funny chick flick

Boss Baby - 4/5 stars. I took my nephews to see this film and honestly didn't expect much but it was so funny. Lots of funny jokes aimed at the adults as well as the children. I recommend it as an easy watch comedy.

Power Rangers - 3.5/5 stars. This was good and I enjoyed it a lot. I love Elizabeth Banks and she was a fun villain. I think for me there was just a little something missing that I loved when I watched the series as a child.

Beauty and the Beast - 5/5 stars. This was an almost perfect adaptation. The songs were great, I even loved the added ones. The characters were as I expected and wanted them to be and overall I came out with a happy feeling. 

Their Finest - 5/5 stars. This film was very well acted, it was sweet and funny and sad and just a lovely film to watch. 

A Dogs Purpose - 4/5 stars. I went in knowing this film would make me cry and I was right, I did cry about 5 or 6 times but it was a charming sweet film though the ending did seem somewhat fast. 

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - 3.5/5 stars. It was always going to be hard to top the first Guardians film and while there were aspects of this film I really loved (Baby Groot!) but overall it was a little lacking and I felt some of the characters were sidelined in order to give Chris Pratt more screen time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment