Wednesday, 31 May 2017

Illumicrate Unboxing May 2017



So this post is the unboxing of the May 2017 Illumicrate box (What follows will contain spoilers so please do not read if you don't want to know what is in the box)

Illumicrate is a quarterly subscription box. Within each box you receive a newly released book along with various bookish items. (Spoiler filled post under the cut)







The spoiler card was on top of the box along with some yellow paper worms.



The first item was a Beauty and the Beast inspired door hanger and print. The art work on these is absolutely lovely and I like them a lot. Chip sat on top of the books blowing bubbles is cute and I love the quote 'Home is where the books are'.


Next up was my most anticipated item in the box (which was what convinced me to sign up for this box) which was a Court of Thorns and Roses series mug with art by Merwild on it. It portrays Feyre from the three different books.

 

Then there was a candle from Flickerink which was called Mermaid Lagoon and smelled like Fruit Salad sweets. There was also a keyring from Nutmeg and Arlo which said 'swish and flick' on it and a corner map bookmark from  Penguin Co.


In this box we had also been told there would be a fantasy ARC which was The Waking Land by Callie Bates and included a letter from the author and a bookmark.



The book for this month was Truth or Dare by Non Pratt and it came with a letter from the author and was already signed inside. The design of the book was quite cool as halfway through you flip it and read it the other way for two versions of the story.



Overall there were some lovely things in this box but once again I was disappointed with the book being a paperback. The reason for this is that with the boxes being the best part of £30 if the book isn't a hardback then I expect the items to be amazing and blow my socks off but this felt like a fairly average box. It was far better than last time but still not amazing. I do think it suffers from not having a 'theme'.

I should also say that there was supposed to be 3 publishers promotional items in the box but mine was missing one. I am currently awaiting a response regarding this. 

(You can see my video of the unboxing here )



No comments:

Post a Comment