This is the unboxing of the January 2018 FairyLoot box. (What follows will contain spoilers so please do not read if you don't want to know what is in the box)
FairyLoot is a monthly book subscription box mainly focusing on fantasy YA and YA crossovers. Each month you receive a new release book, mostly hardback and 4-6 bookish items which fit in with the theme.
The theme this month was Talk Faerie to Me
(Spoiler filled post under the cut)
The first items I found in the box was a candle from Meraki Candles called Prince Cardan which is a character from the book in the box and smelt lovely. There was also a lipbalm called Seelie from Geeky Clean which had an apple flavour. (There were two possibles to received the other one was Unseelie).
Next there were two magnetic bookmarks of Feyre and Rhys from ACOTAR made my Dreamy & Co, along with a cushion cover with an ACOTAR series design by .
Next up there was a Faerieland colouring book made exclusively for Fairyloot along with two double sided prints. The prints were double sided with Rowan and Aelin on one side and quotes on the other.
The book this month was The Cruel Prince by Holly Black. And this month it included a letter, signed bookplate and artwork by Merwild.
Synopsis:
Of course I want to be like them. They're beautiful as blades forged in some divine fire. They will live forever.
And Cardan is even more beautiful than the rest. I hate him more than all the others. I hate him so much that sometimes when I look at him, I can hardly breathe.
One terrible morning, Jude and her sisters see their parents murdered in front of them. The terrifying assassin abducts all three girls to the world of Faerie, where Jude is installed in the royal court but mocked and tormented by the Faerie royalty for being mortal.
As Jude grows older, she realises that she will need to take part in the dangerous deceptions of the fey to ever truly belong.
But the stairway to power is fraught with shadows and betrayal. And looming over all is the infuriating, arrogant and charismatic Prince Cardan . . .
And Cardan is even more beautiful than the rest. I hate him more than all the others. I hate him so much that sometimes when I look at him, I can hardly breathe.
One terrible morning, Jude and her sisters see their parents murdered in front of them. The terrifying assassin abducts all three girls to the world of Faerie, where Jude is installed in the royal court but mocked and tormented by the Faerie royalty for being mortal.
As Jude grows older, she realises that she will need to take part in the dangerous deceptions of the fey to ever truly belong.
But the stairway to power is fraught with shadows and betrayal. And looming over all is the infuriating, arrogant and charismatic Prince Cardan . . .
I really liked this box, all the items were strong and while I do think the art prints could have been printed on stiffer card/paper they were still really nice. I loved the candle and I do like the design of the cushion cover (though it's a per peeve of mine that they call it a pillowcase).











No comments:
Post a Comment