Wednesday, 10 January 2018

Top 5 Wednesday - 10th January 2018

Top 5 Wednesday!


Top Five Wednesday was created by Laineyand is currently hosted by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes. There is more information at the goodreads group. 

January 10th: Books You Didn't Get to In 2017 
--These are books you didn't end up getting to in 2017, but really want to prioritize in 2018. 

So for todays topic I am going to list my top 5 books I want to read this year which I didn't read last year.

1. Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst. I was really excited for this when it came out and for some reason just didn't pick it up to read. I want to rectify that in 2018.

2. Before She Ignites by Jodi Meadows. I've heard mixed reviews of this book but I have the arc as well as the finished copy so I really want to give it a go and see what I think. 

3. Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray. I have had this since it was released and still not picked it up. Claudia Gray is my favourite Star Wars writer and I really want to read this to see how I like it.

4. Our Dark Duet by VE Schwab. I admit I was saving this one as once this is done I don't have any other Schwab books to read but I really should finish the duology this year.

5. Tower of Dawn by Sarah J Maas. Admittedly I put this off until I got my physical copy in November at a Sarah J Maas event in London but I really do not have any enthusiasm for it. I need to get it read before the last book in the series comes out this September though.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't expect to like Tower of Dawn because I'm not a Chaol fan but it turned out to be good enough! I gave it 4 stars because there was a big info dump in the beginning but in my opinion the book was a typical novel written by Sarah J. Maas. In other words, nothing new XD (or better) XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty reassuring. I'm dreading having to read it less now so thank you!

      Delete