Details:
Title: Stalking Jack the Ripper
Author: Kerri Maniscalco
Publisher: Little Brown Young Readers
ISBN 13: 978-0316273497
Synopsis:
Seventeen-year-old Audrey Rose Wadsworth was born a lord's daughter, with a life of wealth and privilege stretched out before her. But between the social teas and silk dress fittings, she leads a forbidden secret life.
Against her stern father's wishes and society's expectations, Audrey often slips away to her uncle's laboratory to study the gruesome practice of forensic medicine. When her work on a string of savagely killed corpses drags Audrey into the investigation of a serial murderer, her search for answers brings her close to her own sheltered world.
Review:
I really liked the plot and setting for this book. It was a different read for me since there was no fantasy or science fiction element but I still very much enjoyed it. Audrey is a really interesting character (though I do forget she is 17 quite a lot) and her curious and clever mind is really good to see. I also really enjoy her interactions with Thomas, who is my favourite character. Although I did guess who the Ripper was I still enjoyed the twists and turns of the story and it was a good read.
I really liked the plot and setting for this book. It was a different read for me since there was no fantasy or science fiction element but I still very much enjoyed it. Audrey is a really interesting character (though I do forget she is 17 quite a lot) and her curious and clever mind is really good to see. I also really enjoy her interactions with Thomas, who is my favourite character. Although I did guess who the Ripper was I still enjoyed the twists and turns of the story and it was a good read.
I gave this book a solid 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:
Post a Comment