Friday, 19 January 2018

Review #6 - The Power by Naomi Alderman


Details:

Title: The Power
Author: Naomi Alderman
Publisher: Penguin
ISBN 13: 978-0670919963

Synopsis:

All over the world women are discovering they have the power.
With a flick of the fingers they can inflict terrible pain - even death.
Suddenly, every man on the planet finds they've lost control.
The Day of the Girls has arrived - but where will it end?
Review:

I had high hopes for this book when I started it and I do think listening to the audiobook enhanced my experience as each character had a unique voice which I found made it easier to follow. Certain parts of the story were great and the whole concept was really good but the execution of it was sadly lacking. Some characters were more interesting than others but I find this happens in an ensemble story. The biggest let down of this book, I found, was the ending. It felt like it was building up and up towards something and then just fell a little flat for me.

I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars probably verging more on a 2.5 if I'm being honest.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry this book was so disappointing. The synopsis makes it sound very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was such a shame. Like I say I enjoyed it to start with but it just became a let down in the end :(

      Delete