Wednesday, 23 August 2017

Book Box Club - August 2017 Unboxing



In this post I am going to be unboxing the August 2017 Book Box Club box. (What follows will contain spoilers so please do not read if you don't want to know what is in the box)

Book Box Club is a monthly book subscription box. Each month you receive a specially selected YA book release and 2-4 hand picked goodies which fit in with the theme. Book Box Club also hosts a members only online book club where subscribers get a chance to chat to each other as well as the author about the book.


The theme this month was Fearless Females. (Spoiler filled post under the cut)






The first thing I saw upon opening the box was the spoiler card which listed everything in the box.

  


Inside the box a coaster and sticker which read Fight like a girl, I really liked the simple design on these items. Also included was a necklace with a quote from Crooked Kingdom on it.




Next up was a magnet with a Sarah J Maas quote on it along with the personalised note which is always on one item in the box. I do love this added touch.



Finally there was a notebook with 'Girl Boss' on it and a meraki candles Hermione candle which smelt lovely.



Also included were a few publisher goodies, which included a postcard and badges.




The book this month was Things A Bright Girl Can Do by Sally Nichols. Also included was a signed bookplate from the author.

Synopsis: 

Through rallies and marches, in polite drawing rooms and freezing prison cells and the poverty-stricken slums of the East End, three courageous young women join the fight for the vote.

Evelyn is seventeen, and though she is rich and clever, she may never be allowed to follow her older brother to university. Enraged that she is expected to marry her childhood sweetheart rather than be educated, she joins the Suffragettes, and vows to pay the ultimate price for women's freedom.

May is fifteen, and already sworn to the cause, though she and her fellow Suffragists refuse violence. When she meets Nell, a girl who's grown up in hardship, she sees a kindred spirit. Together and in love, the two girls start to dream of a world where all kinds of women have their place.

But the fight for freedom will challenge Evelyn, May and Nell more than they ever could believe. As war looms, just how much are they willing to sacrifice?




I liked this box, I always appreciate a hardback book and this one looks interesting even though it wouldn't be my usual choice. The items were okay, I especially like the candle and magnet. I admit I was anticipating something Princess Leia inspired with the theme being Fearless Females and was a little disappointed nothing was included but that was a personal thing.

Septembers's box is called Outlaws and it sounds really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment