Details:
Title: The Disappearances
Author: Emily Bain Murphy
Publisher: Pushkin Childrens Books
ISBN 13: 978-1782691495
Synopsis:
Every seven years something disappears in the remote town of Sterling: people's reflections, the stars in the sky, the ability to dream. Aila realises that her mother may be to blame for the curse. But some mysteries are buried very deep and some secrets want to stay hidden - and one young woman's desire to uncover the truth may not be enough to save Sterling from the past.
Review:
While this book was a little slow to start once it got going and I got into it I really enjoyed it. There was a good mystery and all of the characters were interesting. I liked the romance too, which was developed really well. I did, at times, forget the time period it was set in and am not totally convinced it needed to be set then but it didn't detract from the book. It was very clever and trying to work out what was going on was fun.
While this book was a little slow to start once it got going and I got into it I really enjoyed it. There was a good mystery and all of the characters were interesting. I liked the romance too, which was developed really well. I did, at times, forget the time period it was set in and am not totally convinced it needed to be set then but it didn't detract from the book. It was very clever and trying to work out what was going on was fun.
I gave this book 4 and a half stars.

No comments:
Post a Comment