So today I have a double unboxing for you all! I am going to be unboxing the August 2017 Leafer box for Chick Lit and Fantasy. The theme for Fantasy was 'From the deep' while there was no theme for the Chick Lit box. (What follows will contain spoilers so please do not read if you don't want to know what is in the box)
Leafer box is a UK monthly book subscription box focused on providing good reading material to avid readers around the world.
I am going to start with the Chick Lit box.
The first item in the box was a small pack of watercolour sticky notes which were small but very pretty and a Cherry Blossom wax melt which smelt lovely.
Next up as there always is in a Leafer box was a bar of chocolate, this time coconut flavoured as well as a jangly bracelet which was very pretty and came in a lovely bag.
The book this month was Sofia Khan is not obliged by Ayisha Malik.
Synopsis:
'Brilliant idea! Excellent! Muslim dating? Well, I had no idea you were allowed to date.' Then he leaned towards me and looked at me sympathetically. 'Are your parents quite disappointed?'
Unlucky in love once again after her possible-marriage-partner-to-be proves a little too close to his parents, Sofia Khan is ready to renounce men for good. Or at least she was, until her boss persuades her to write a tell-all expose about the Muslim dating scene.
As her woes become her work, Sofia must lean on the support of her brilliant friends, baffled colleagues and baffling parents as she goes in search of stories for her book. In amongst the marriage-crazy relatives, racist tube passengers and decidedly odd online daters, could there be a a lingering possibility that she might just be falling in love . . . ?
Unlucky in love once again after her possible-marriage-partner-to-be proves a little too close to his parents, Sofia Khan is ready to renounce men for good. Or at least she was, until her boss persuades her to write a tell-all expose about the Muslim dating scene.
As her woes become her work, Sofia must lean on the support of her brilliant friends, baffled colleagues and baffling parents as she goes in search of stories for her book. In amongst the marriage-crazy relatives, racist tube passengers and decidedly odd online daters, could there be a a lingering possibility that she might just be falling in love . . . ?
This was a nice box and my mum (who this box was for) especially appreciated the chocolate and the candle. She probably won't wear the bangle but I will happily borrow it ;) And while the book isn't her usual chick lit style she is looking forward to reading it.
Next up is the FANTASY BOX with the theme 'From the Deep'
The first item in the box was a beautiful mermaid scale necklace which I really think is one of the prettiest necklaces I've ever seen along with a beautiful mermaid metal bookmark.
Next up as always was a bar of chocolate which happened to be my favourite so I was chuffed with that and what I thought was a mermaid bookmark but is apparently temporary tattoos (I won't use them so I will use it as a bookmark).
The book this month was The Forbidden Sea by Sheila A. Nielson.
Synopsis:
When Adrianne comes face-to-face with the mermaid of Windwaithe Island, she is convinced that the mermaid means her harm.
After all, the island is steeped in stories of mermaids' curses and the ill-luck that they bring. But Adrianne is fierce-willed and courageous and is determined to protect her family and the islanders from danger.
Yet when the islanders find out about Adrianne's encounters with the mermaid, her family is scorned.
They believe that once active, the mermaid cannot be quieted until an islander sacrifices herself to the sea. But is the legend true? And will their fear make them force Adrienne to test it?
After all, the island is steeped in stories of mermaids' curses and the ill-luck that they bring. But Adrianne is fierce-willed and courageous and is determined to protect her family and the islanders from danger.
Yet when the islanders find out about Adrianne's encounters with the mermaid, her family is scorned.
They believe that once active, the mermaid cannot be quieted until an islander sacrifices herself to the sea. But is the legend true? And will their fear make them force Adrienne to test it?
I really liked this box, the items were fitting and well chosen and I loved the choice of chocolate. I am looking forward to reading the book too!
(All thoughts and feelings are purely my own. You can see my unboxing of the Fantasy box on my YouTube channel here)













No comments:
Post a Comment