Thursday, 10 August 2017

The Reading Quest


So this reading challenge is being hosted by ReadAtMidnight and runs from Sunday 13th August until Sunday 10th September 2017.

There are four different characters to chose from and I have chosen the Mage.





The Mage track has the following requirements and the books I am using to complete them are also listed below;

A book with a one word title – Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson 


A book that contains magic – The Girl of Ink and Stars by Kiran Millwood Hargrave











A book based on mythology - Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh      Bardugo













A book set in a different world – The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James

The first book of a series – The Novice by Taran Matharu 



There are also a series of additional side quests which I have listed below;

POTIONS – A book concocted by 2+ authors – 

Because you love to hate me by 13 various authors


MULTIPLAYER – Buddy read a book – Book subscription box book tbd


GRIND – A book with 500+ pages – 
The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee 


TIME WARP – A book set in either the past or the future – 

Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin 

OPEN WORLD – Read whatever you want – 

The Disappearances by Emily Bain Murphy 

MINI-GAME – Read a graphic novel, novella or poem collection – 

Star Wars Poe Dameron: Black Squadron by Various 

ANIMAL COMPANION – Book references an animal in the title

 Frogkisser by Garth Nix 


All of these choices are subject to change and I will update as I go :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! The Disappearances, Steelheart, Wolf by Wolf, there are so many good choices here (some I don't know so can't comment on them, not saying they are bad :P). I hadn't heard of this challenge before and not sure I could complete it but I'll cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! I'm not sure I'll complete it to be honest but I'm gonna try :) Some of them will be fine, like the Graphic Novel because they're easy to read and The Disappearances because I have to read that in preparation for the author chat :) I'm hoping to get a good chunk of them done though so I appreciate the support!

      Delete